Naruto Province of Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join us in our completely custom Naruto world!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Rake: Chapter 1 (Mission)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tsukai
Chūnin
Tsukai

Male Character Age : 17
Ryo : 10750

The Rake: Chapter 1 (Mission) Empty
PostSubject: The Rake: Chapter 1 (Mission)   The Rake: Chapter 1 (Mission) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 5:14 pm

I stand on top of one of the buildings that begins the Grey District. It was about mid afternoon and I had just recently taken a mission. There had been multiple occurences of children, around the age of ten, waking up to find scratches and cuts all over their bodies. The parents of these children have tried to help, but somehow end up mysteriously dead. The only thing that the children can say is that 'He is the Rake.' The mission, go around and find victims of this so called Rake and question them. Questioning the parents is also adviseable. The most recent reporting have been occuring inside of the Grey District. I had been looking out on top of a building for some time, looking for any young child that would have scratches or deep cuts. I decided to hit the ground and do my search from there instead. I was only a few yards within the district until I had seen a mid aged woman walking with her child. It was a little boy that mached the age, but I was too far away to see any scars. As we walked by each other I gave a polite nod to the mother and child. As I was looking down, I made quick glances at the boy's arms and legs but I was not able to see anything. Right as I was bringing my head up, I did notice a scar on the left side of the neck and...it looked fresh too. I quickly stopped myself and turned towards the mother and child. "Excuse me ma'am, if I could have just a word with you and your child. As I said this, the woman quickly turned around and gave me a puzzled look. "What is this about?" She had a tint of nervousness inside of her. "It is alright ma'am" I began to say. "I am here to help." I said with a smile. "How so?" She shot back at me. I looked down at the child, "If you could be ever so kindly, I would like to ask your son about... I began to say but leaned closer to the mother and whispered,...about the Rake." She got a shocken look in her eyes but looked around quickly and leaned closer to me. "Right this way, we can talk in my house...where it is safe"

Last edited by Tsukai on Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tsukai
Chūnin
Tsukai

PostSubject: Re: The Rake: Chapter 1 (Mission)   The Rake: Chapter 1 (Mission) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 5:14 pm

The woman's house was about 10 minutes or so away from where we had our discussion. There was an awkward silence as we walked to the house, not one of us wanting to break the silence. I took a few glances at the young boy, wondering what he knew about this "Rake" and how did he end up with such a bad scar. Only once had he caught me looking at him but he returned my glance with a little smile; all I could do is smile back. When we arrived at the house, which looked like all of the other houses here in the Grey District, the mother had bent down and had passed something on to her child. The boy nodded and made a sprint towards the door. After he opened the door, he looked back at me and gave me one of his little smiles again before entering the house. The mother turned towrds me slowly. "You don't understand how grateful we are to have a shinobi like yourself looking into this...this...dreadful event." She crossed her arms around her and lowered her head, staring down at the ground. I honored to help lend my abilities to help solve such a crime" I replied and put a gentle hand onto her shoulder. She looked up at me and I gestured towards the house. She nodded again and we made our way towards the door. I let her go inside first and right before I closed the door behind us, I gave a quick scanning of the area.

Once I was inside of the house, I was then led into the living room where there was a sofa and a rocking chair with a large coffe table in the center of the room. Out of a back room, the little boy came running into the room and took a spot on the sofa. The mother sat next to him and she made a gesture for me to sit down. I nodded and took a seat in the wooden rocking chair. "So tell me, uhh..." I began to say but I didn't get the name of the mother and child. "This here is Lee." The mother said as she put a hand on the child's head. "And I am Oichi, and what is the name of the shinobi that has come to help us? She said with a big smile. I am Tsukai Saibankan" I replied. I am a Chunin right now and I am working to become a Special Jounin like anyone would. So tell me Lee, how did you get that bad scar on you neck? I was hunched over with my arms crossed on my knees. He looked at his mother and Oichi gave a slight nod. Lee gave a little smile to her and turned back towards me again. "It was the Rake" he began to say.
"I'm not sure who or even what it is, but it takes a liking towards kids around my age." I tilted my head in puzzlement. "You had said who or what, can you not tell it is a man or a woman? "No one knows what exactly it is" replied Oichi. There have been multiple cases around in this area of people seeing an odd looking creature lurking at night. Some gave chase to this creature, but some lose sight of it or others...won't...don't ever return. People throughout the village have been hearing strange noises coming from the outside. When they go out and look, there is nothing. Minutes later they will be hearing their children cry for them in pain. When they get to their child..." She trailed off and her face started to get red and hot.
"What? What happens? I asked instantly. "It is already too late and the damage is indiscribable. The kids are covered in deep cuts and gashes with blood everywhere around the floor." Oichi looked like she was going to lose it but she calmed herself done and took deep breathes. "If it is alright, may I see these scars?" I hoped it wasn't too much to ask. Go ahead Lee, take off your clothes." Lee then got up but he too looked like he was about to cry as well. He took off his shirt and pants and stood up straight. Dear god. All around the chest and back were multiple scars, all about as long as my arms. They wrapped around the child and the one that was on the neck streched doun to his thighs. "Do...do all of the children have the same basic scars?" I asked still in shock with what I was seeing. "About the same, yes. Some children have been known to have cuts on the arms and legs too" She was trying so hard not to cry. "Do you, perhaps, know the locations of the other victims?" I would have to go about to get more info. She nodded and got up to get something to write on. I had seen enough. I got up and followed Oichi. She handed me the paper and led me to the door. "When this is all over, I will tell you when its safe." I placed both hands on her shoulders. Thankyou. She said and then opened the door. I nodded and headed towards the other victims to ask some more questions.
Back to top Go down
Tsukai
Chūnin
Tsukai

PostSubject: Re: The Rake: Chapter 1 (Mission)   The Rake: Chapter 1 (Mission) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 2:19 pm

After I had left the house, I made my way towards the houses that contained more victims of this so called "Rake" creature. From what I have been told so far by Lee and Oichi, this creature is either using a sharp weapon or has very sharp claws. The creature didn't leave any bite marks on the boy so either the creature isn't trying to eat human flesh or Lee was just lucky not to be eaten alive. The first house that was on the list was only a few blocks away from Oichi's house. I knocked on the door twice and I was greeted by a young lady, about the age of 23. She greeted me with a smile and I returned it. I quickly pulled out a slip of paper that Oichi had given me before I left. She told me that it explains my appearance and asks for complete cooperation over asking about the Rake. The lady took the paper and read it quickly. She made a gasp and took a step back. I tensed up and readied myself for what might happen next. She yelled something into the house and grabbed my arm, dragging me inside the house. The events that happened next were all too similar to what happened in the house of Oichi and Lee. This time it was a girl and showed to have the same scars that of Lee. Only this time she had scars wrapped around her arms and legs. I didn't stay quite as long as I did previously because I wanted to get all of these visits done in one day. The next few houses provided me with most of the same info as before. I understood what damage was being done, but I was looking for something else. Something that could help me get an idea of what this creature may look like. Thankfully, the next house was able to provide me with some idea. The house was located in the far back of the Grey District. I was greeted by a large man who looked like he was in his fifties. I went through the routine of asking the usual questions and got the usual answers except I could not see any children around. I asked him where his children were if he had any but he gave me a sad looked and told me that his little girl just died recently due to blood loss. I jumped quickly to the question about if he was able to see the creature; he gave a slight nod and inhaled deeply. He had told me he has been able to get a few glances of a creature that slouched. He had almost mistaken it as an old man but saw that it was a creature after it had ran away with great speed. So its appearance looks similar to that of a human but is fast. How fast I wonder. He went further into saying that all of the times that he saw these glances had only occurred around midnight and it seemed to be heading towards the tunnels. I asked if he gave chase but he shook his head and said that even just a little glance is enough for one night. I then thanked him for his time and gave him my respects for his daughter. I showed myself out and started to head out of the district. So the Rake looks like a human and slouches over. Very fast and nimble if it can get in and out of houses unseen but has trouble staying out of sight in the open. It doesn’t want to eat the children but has very sharp claws or something. It could be nocturnal since it has only been spotted in the night. I should probably head back now and report back. Perhaps there is a follow up mission to follow. With that being said, I took off back towards the mission board to report what I have learned.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Rake: Chapter 1 (Mission)   The Rake: Chapter 1 (Mission) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Rake: Chapter 1 (Mission)
Page 1 of 1