Naruto Province of Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join us in our completely custom Naruto world!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Rake: Chapter 2 - AT THE LIBRARY! [Mission]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Renga
Chūnin
Renga

Male Character Age : 20
Ryo : 7300

The Rake: Chapter 2 - AT THE LIBRARY! [Mission] Empty
PostSubject: The Rake: Chapter 2 - AT THE LIBRARY! [Mission]   The Rake: Chapter 2 - AT THE LIBRARY! [Mission] Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 11:04 pm

I walked down the streets from the upper levels of Chikagakure toward the Grey District. I'd just gotten done with an interview and need more information. I had to help those kids, but the cash was also nice. Not that I needed it, since my parents would easily buy me anything I wanted. I'd be at the library soon enough, onto the next step of my investigation to find this 'Rake' creature. Rest assured, that I would kill it when I found it. Then stick it's head on my wall.
Back to top Go down
Renga
Chūnin
Renga

PostSubject: Re: The Rake: Chapter 2 - AT THE LIBRARY! [Mission]   The Rake: Chapter 2 - AT THE LIBRARY! [Mission] Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 2:21 pm

I stood in front of the large library doors, then pushed my way in and made my way to the clerk's desk. I then proceeded to ask her if she had any books on "The Rake." The teller looked up from her desk, a grim look on her face. She said nothing. It looked as if she had seen a ghost. She did nothing but point me in a single direction. I walked back into the tall shelves of the library and gawked around. I couldn't find anything. I had almost turned around to ask for help from the receptionist when I stumbled upon a staircase that led into a dark lower level. In this lower level, there was a single row of lights, and every couple of feet, there was an old dusty book placed neatly in a display case. Each case had a different label. They seemed to be myth books and books of legend. I saw one about the Bijuu, another about this thing called "Slender Man." I looked into a small nook and found a book titled "The Claws of Darkness." I picked up the book and sat down on the floor.
Back to top Go down
Renga
Chūnin
Renga

PostSubject: Re: The Rake: Chapter 2 - AT THE LIBRARY! [Mission]   The Rake: Chapter 2 - AT THE LIBRARY! [Mission] Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 11:49 pm

As I flipped through the pages of the enormous, I took notes of what I read. The mythology behind this creature baffled me. The origin of the creature was unknown to the world. Not a single clue. There was speculation that it was the deformed remains of an unlucky person who tried to fight the Kyuubi, mutated by the beasts chakra and forced to do it's bidding by destroying the youth of the world.

As I read on, I uncovered various notes and letter scraps detailing sightings of the beast. They were never anything too in depth, only a few lines regarding how the eyes affected their thought process. It's as if it had some sort of genjutsu that fucked with those who tired to lock eyes with it. I'd only be able to find out once I was up close and personal with the beast though.

I continued on into the book and began to notice a pattern. The Rake would show up every few decades, torment the people of various villages for a few years, then disappear without a trace. It targeted Chikagakure in particular though, perhaps because it had difficulty escaping the village without a trace. I had my theories. Now it was time to move onto the next part of my investigation.

I stood up and closed the book, placing it back on it's pedestal. I then made my way back down the alleyway of forgotten and forbidden books. I climbed the stairs and paced straight through the long aisles of books, headed straight for the door. I stopped by the librarian and thanked her for pointing me in the right direction, but she said nothing. I turned to walk out the door.
Back to top Go down
Renga
Chūnin
Renga

PostSubject: Re: The Rake: Chapter 2 - AT THE LIBRARY! [Mission]   The Rake: Chapter 2 - AT THE LIBRARY! [Mission] Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 12:31 am

As I started making my way out of the door, I heard a scream from out side. A bloodied woman ran into the library to find help, though it would not have been my first choice in refuge. As she stumbled, I asked her what had happened, trying to keep her calm. She was panicking and I couldn't do a damn thing about it. I just held her for a minute and called for some medics. After a minute or two, she'd calmed down, then I asked her what had happened. She said she had heard a loud noise in her house and went to investigate. She saw a group of people all dressed the same were in her daughter's room attempting to kidnap her. When the woman fought back, the cultists attacked her, trying to kill her. She ran away to get help, which is when she came here. I was now pissed. I had to do something. She pointed in the direction that she came from. It was a matter of time now. The next part of my Rake investigation would have to wait, I needed to save this woman's daughter.

[Exit]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Rake: Chapter 2 - AT THE LIBRARY! [Mission]   The Rake: Chapter 2 - AT THE LIBRARY! [Mission] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Rake: Chapter 2 - AT THE LIBRARY! [Mission]
Page 1 of 1