Naruto Province of Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join us in our completely custom Naruto world!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Rake: Chapter 4 - It's Not Rake If You Yell Surprise!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Renga
Chūnin
Renga

Male Character Age : 20
Ryo : 7300

The Rake: Chapter 4 - It's Not Rake If You Yell Surprise!  Empty
PostSubject: The Rake: Chapter 4 - It's Not Rake If You Yell Surprise!    The Rake: Chapter 4 - It's Not Rake If You Yell Surprise!  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 10:08 pm

I took a nice night of sleep after dealing with the cultists. I felt a slight pain sear up my arm from the cuts. I was too tired to head to the medical facility last night after talking with Bryn. I decided before I finished off this Rake thing, I'd head to the medical building downtown and get patched up while I waited for night fall to track the beast. I rolled out of bed and put on my skinny jeans and a black cut off shirt. This made my power sleeve look as if it were just part of the shirt, but that really wasn't my goal. I then grabbed my ninja tools and strapped Fenrir onto my back. I then made my way from my house to the doors of the medical building, sighed, then walked in.
Back to top Go down
Renga
Chūnin
Renga

PostSubject: Re: The Rake: Chapter 4 - It's Not Rake If You Yell Surprise!    The Rake: Chapter 4 - It's Not Rake If You Yell Surprise!  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 10:32 am

I spent the afternoon getting my wounds from the day before dealt with. It took longer than I thought it would, but I didn't think they were as bad as they were. I was lucky I hadn't bled out. Shortly before nightfall, I walked down to a local store and got something to eat. I had no clue how long this excursion was going to last, but I wasn't coming back until the Rake was dead. I quickly finished my food, grabbed my bag and headed to the roof tops. From there I'd have an excellent vantage point to see anything if something were to happen and I could hear just about anything as well. It was no officially game on.
Back to top Go down
Renga
Chūnin
Renga

PostSubject: Re: The Rake: Chapter 4 - It's Not Rake If You Yell Surprise!    The Rake: Chapter 4 - It's Not Rake If You Yell Surprise!  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 10:43 am

From my roof top vantage point, I watched. For what seemed like hours, I stayed in the same place. There wasn't any commotion, which wouldn't be a problem since I'd just have to continue my investigation another night. I felt myself drifting asleep, so I let it happen. I closed my eyes and faded into sleep. Later, I was jolted awake by the sound of a loud scream to the west. I sprung into action and ran to the scene, jumping to the ground and into the building. I kicked down the door and ran into the back bedroom and looked to see the Rake clawing at a little girl. I frowned heavily and charged chakra to my hand, giving myself the ability to place a seal to track the beast. It was much faster than I'd anticipated, but I managed to slam my hand into it's side before it scampered away. I now had chase this thing to where ever it lived and finish the job,
Back to top Go down
Renga
Chūnin
Renga

PostSubject: Re: The Rake: Chapter 4 - It's Not Rake If You Yell Surprise!    The Rake: Chapter 4 - It's Not Rake If You Yell Surprise!  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 1:54 pm

After planting the seal, I pivoted and began to chase after the Rake. I didn't bother to check if the victim was okay, I'd let her mother deal with that. The thing was way faster than me, but I was able to keep up the pace just enough to keep within the seal range. I had no clue where it would head, but I had a vague idea. It was probably housed deep within the Mork Tunnels. I began to charge charka into my sleeve to prepare for the fight. If I had to, I'd bring out both arms, not just the shield. This was about to be the fight of my life, but for the first time ever, I actually wanted to do good. I needed to stop this thing.
Back to top Go down
Renga
Chūnin
Renga

PostSubject: Re: The Rake: Chapter 4 - It's Not Rake If You Yell Surprise!    The Rake: Chapter 4 - It's Not Rake If You Yell Surprise!  Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 9:37 pm

I continued my chakra charge while in the heat of pursuit. The little bastard was almost out of my range when it ran into the Mork Tunnels. I chased on. I had a feeling it would gain confidence once hidden by the darkness. It vanished from my range, but I ran directly into the tunnels and kept going. I finally picked it up again. It wasn't moving. I think it made it home and thought it had eluded me. I smirked and slowed down, trying not to give away my position. I charged chakra into my left and right hand. As I moved deeper and deeper into the cave, it got progressively darker. I was worried this fight might become one sided quickly, but then I devised a plan. I remained in place but lightly kicked the floor to listen for a hollow pocket. The tunnels had been notorious for dangerously shallow pit falls which often left miners trapped only a few feet below the floor in holes too smooth to climb out of. I heard the magic noise and smirked.
Back to top Go down
Renga
Chūnin
Renga

PostSubject: Re: The Rake: Chapter 4 - It's Not Rake If You Yell Surprise!    The Rake: Chapter 4 - It's Not Rake If You Yell Surprise!  Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 10:42 pm

I finished a charge of chakra to my hand and placed a seal on the ground at my feet, exactly where I had heard the hollow sound. This seal was a simple breach charge seal. I continued the charge into my sleeve as I was getting ready for the final battle. I looked down the hallway and could sense that the beast was at the end of it. I breathed calmly for a few seconds, then drew Fenrir and whispered to myself, "Forgive me if I don't come back Shizen." I then dashed into the dark room where the beast was hiding, getting a quick boot into the things gut before it could realize I was coming. It then turned and slashed me across the chest. It stung like a bitch and I knew I was in it's element and not mine, but I'd have to deal with it just long enough that I could slow it down and lure it out of the cave.
Back to top Go down
Renga
Chūnin
Renga

PostSubject: Re: The Rake: Chapter 4 - It's Not Rake If You Yell Surprise!    The Rake: Chapter 4 - It's Not Rake If You Yell Surprise!  Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 8:54 pm

In the darkness, I could only see the two large eyes of the Rake, glaring at me as I raced toward the beast. I saw the eyes grow larger, so I slashed with Fenrir. I watched the eyes shrink and fly to the side. I got lucky and bashed it out of the air. My tracking seal really helped as well. I pivoted and kept watch on the beast. It charged again, but I wasn't lucky this time. I felt the metal sink into my skin. It got me with those demonic claws. It stung like crazy, but I'd finally finished charging my chakra. I unleashed the power seal, this time going on the offensive. The Left Arm of Devil. The chakra covered my arm, creating a white and red shell. I grew sharp nails that were up to par with the beasts, though they lacked the range. It was fucking go time. It jumped again, but I parried and slashed with my arm and Fenrir. I felt my nails tear flesh. I was on the offensive, but I had to stick to my plan. I started falling back toward the entrance, luring the beast to the designated target.

80/150
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Rake: Chapter 4 - It's Not Rake If You Yell Surprise!    The Rake: Chapter 4 - It's Not Rake If You Yell Surprise!  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Rake: Chapter 4 - It's Not Rake If You Yell Surprise!
Page 1 of 1