Naruto Province of Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join us in our completely custom Naruto world!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Another boring day (Bryn)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Masuyo Anzai
Chūnin
Masuyo Anzai

Female Character Age : 20
Ryo : 6611

Another boring day (Bryn) Empty
PostSubject: Another boring day (Bryn)   Another boring day (Bryn) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 4:27 pm

Chikagakure, the village hidden underground. An impregnable fortress right beneath the feet of the world above. How glorious, how peaceful, how.... easily boredom sets in underground. While most were perfectly happy here, there was no doubt that at least some of them wished there was more things to enjoy in the midst of all this rock and dirt. Near the south side of the village, one said villager was imagining just that. As Masuyo walked, she ran a hand through her short black hair, careful not to upset the headband on her forehead. With a disgruntled huff she kicked an innocent can down the alley before she kept walking.
"Where's the excitement? I hate being this stagnant, at least give me something to punch without breaking my fist!"
She shouted angrily to the sky as she tapped her fist against a stone wall beside her. There they were again, those damned thoughts of nonviolent human interaction. They came more and more often now, but they also brought with them that fear. That fear that upon her death she would leave someone to grieve, someone broken hearted. Masu scoffed, continuing to walk down the alleyway, hunched over in thought. Maybe it is time for me to just...talk to someone, she thought silently.
"Yeah, but who would talk to me?"
She was right, who would talk to her? Masuyo had become quite infamous on these streets. Starting fights, nearly killing people who made her mad, no one wanted to be around someone like that.
"It doesn't matter...I'm better off alone anyway."
The lie slipped through her teeth again, the lie she had forced herself into believing all of these years. The solitude was peace; it was a great gift after having lived in that horrid home environment for most of her childhood. Yet...she hurt, deep down where she couldn't even feel it she was hurting. Even if the pain consumed her, Masuyo would never admit that she needed someone. It had just been her, all alone for so very long. And given her personality, it was better that way. Masuyo refused to put another through the pain she had gone through.
Back to top Go down
Bryn T. Stormblood
Yamakage
Bryn T. Stormblood

Male Character Age : 21
Ryo : 10220

PostSubject: Re: Another boring day (Bryn)   Another boring day (Bryn) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 9:43 pm

It was just another day in the life of the Yamakage. I was in the market, buying supplies that I would need for my journey West. I had been running low on food, and although I would not be taking much with me, I would still need at least some just in case game in the regions on the way there was scarce. I was feeling alive, renewed and invigorated, as just the day before I had finally mastered the Yonbi inside me, and had finally realized my true power. I would have gotten by supplies right after I was done training, but for the first time in awhile, I had exhausted myself. So here I was, after twenty hours of sleep, ready to face the world yet again as Bryn T. Stormblood, Yamakage and Master of the Four-Tails.

I was garbed in my usual attire, my kage robes outfitted for the harsh climate of the mountain. It was a white overcoat lined with dark green fur with the symbol of the Rebellion plastered in red on the back. Underneath the jacket I wore no shirt, as usual, dark denim jeans, and black boots. At the waist of my jeans hung the Dusters, my infamous preferred weapons. My hair was short and white, and the light from the skylight at the mountain's peak made the slight green tint to my hair a little more prominent that usual. A cigar hung loosely in my mouth, and a strap of 13 more were tied around my bicep, ready to supply the chain smoking I had been into since I was just a boy. I let out a plume of smoke as I looked through a fine selection of bread at the bakery. "Hey, no smoking in here. I don't care if you're the Yamakage or not!" said the main behind the counter at the other end of the store. I turned and shot him a glare, and he began to shake nervously. Right as he was about to cave, I said cheerfully, "Sorry about that sir, I'll just be going then!" and walked out the door. As soon as I turned my back from him again, my face fell back into the same non-sarcastic forlorn expression I had before I was so rudely interrupted from my bread-shopping.

I exited the store, and rounded the corner to go browse more when a most unexpected thing happened. A small tin can went bouncing across my feet. Curious, I looked up to see where it had come from. When I looked, I saw a beautiful girl with short, black hair walking down the road towards me. She was frowning and looking at the ground, obviously deep in thought. Maybe I could brighten her day just a tad? I did my best to keep the spirits of my people high. I bent over and picked the can up, and walked over to the girl. Stopping in front of her path, I held out the can in front of me and said, "Ma'am, I believe you dropped your.. can?"

Last edited by Bryn on Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://narutoprovince.rpg-board.net
Masuyo Anzai
Chūnin
Masuyo Anzai

PostSubject: Re: Another boring day (Bryn)   Another boring day (Bryn) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 2:51 am

Masu heaved a soft sigh to herself, wondering if anything was happening in town at all today. It was oddly peaceful, and that made her very uncomfortable. Anything could happen, a sudden ambush, a sudden fire or attempted murder. It made her skin crawl thinking about it. As she kept walking, she didn't even notice the man before her, and would have run into him if he hadn't spoken up. Craning her neck back she looked at him in minor interest.
He was tall, muscular and was walking around partily dressed in a cloak and pants. Oh and a ring of cigars around his arm, how charming. He tried to make small talk and offered her the innocent victum of her kick.
"Thanks, but it isn't mine."
She said trying to keep her uninterest hidden, atleast a conversation would allow some form of entertainment. Strange...Masu had never met this man before in her entire life of living her, why did she get this feeling that he was someone important? The awkward feeling settled in again, and Masu wanted to run but she couldn't. Her own mind wouldn't let her, it was making her stay and talk to someone for once.
"You're suppose to be on my side! Hell you ARE my side!!" She meantally screamed.
Back to top Go down
Bryn T. Stormblood
Yamakage
Bryn T. Stormblood

PostSubject: Re: Another boring day (Bryn)   Another boring day (Bryn) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 12:53 pm

"Oh, well then nevermind I suppose," I said casually while I threw the can a few feet to the left. She looked more in a state of confusion now then in any sort of inner conflict. She was eyeing me, looking me up and down, left and right. With her confused glare accompanied by the checking me out, I would assume she was trying to figure out who I was. How exciting, she didn't recognize me by my face! I would have to make fun of this, beat around it if you will. But then, I saw the look of repressed anger once more, as her eyes began to look to the ground in a glare after every couple seconds of looking at me. She was frowning as well, obviously I wasn't making her day. "What is your name, doll?" I asked politely. I would at least hope she'd give me that much, or this all would be a wasted effort.
Back to top Go down
Masuyo Anzai
Chūnin
Masuyo Anzai

PostSubject: Re: Another boring day (Bryn)   Another boring day (Bryn) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 6:19 pm

At the mention of the word 'doll', Masu's head snapped up and her face paled with an angered look. She didn't give a damn if this guy was important, she woudln't let that one lside by an inch. Squaring her shoulders she moved closer, not caring at all about the cigar in his mouth.
"First of all, do NOT call me doll! I don't care who you are, my name is Masuyo and I would appreciate to be adressed as such!"
Firm tone in her voice she folded her arms over her chest trying to keep herself from really getting angry. If she really let her anger get the best of her she might have busted this guys chops by now. Doll, how vulger could you get? Calling a girl some form of false beauty how was that any form of complemet? Huffing a strand of hair out of her face she waited for his response, he may have been well over a head taller, and easily stronger then her, but she didn't care. She wasn't intimidated in the least.
Back to top Go down
Bryn T. Stormblood
Yamakage
Bryn T. Stormblood

PostSubject: Re: Another boring day (Bryn)   Another boring day (Bryn) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 12:35 am

I grinned heavily as the feistiness that I had not been ready for was unleashed upon me. A woman's scorn is a hell with a fury hath-no remorse. She younger than I, but only by a few years. I could tell that she had just barely brimmed the role of adulthood, but she had more than enough filled its shoes. I figured this was a battle I couldn't win, and would attempt to address it later. I bowed my head and said calmly, "My apologies, ma'am. Didn't mean to offend you in any way. I had only wished to help you with whatever personal struggle you may have been going through, but I see now that you're not one to accept another's charity. If you wish receive my assistance, or just my conversation, I'll be in my office. I'm sure you already know where that is, doll." I finished the last sentence with a wink, and turned to walk away, whipping the robe I wore behind me and flashing the symbol of the Yamakage. I crushed my cigar under my boot, and lit another as I walked. Still grinning, I walked in the direction of my office. I had a feeling this wasn't over.
Back to top Go down
Masuyo Anzai
Chūnin
Masuyo Anzai

PostSubject: Re: Another boring day (Bryn)   Another boring day (Bryn) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 12:48 am

Masuyo grunted angrily as he called her doll once again, now he was just trying to make her mad! Opening her mouth to shout an angered retort, and her fist balled up to throw a great punch, the man walked away and the words she was plannign to say lost themselves before they ever touched the open air. But this was not over, straightening up she began following after the Yamakage.
"I told you, my name is Masuyo."
She scoffed folding her arms and continuing to walk behind him. Oh no, she wouldn't let this go, even if he was her leader. She refused to be shown any disrespect.
"And don't call me ma'am either. Nineteen is not old enough to be called ma'am thank you very little."
She stated rather matter-of-factly. Who did this guy think he was? Well...the leader fo the village but that was beside the point. Masu would not let her ego be damaged by anyone, not even him.
Back to top Go down
Bryn T. Stormblood
Yamakage
Bryn T. Stormblood

PostSubject: Re: Another boring day (Bryn)   Another boring day (Bryn) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 12:59 am

I took a puff from my cigar as I continued walking. I released the smoke as I heard the nice young lady keep following me, barking orders and retortions too and fro. A chuckle escaped me as my grin widened. "I was just being polite, ma'am," I said over my shoulder. We were getting closer to my office as we left the Spire via the tunnel, and started walking through the great halls lined with guards on the way to the stairs to my dwelling. "By the way you talk, I can imagine most guys have a hard time keeping up, am I right?" I asked jokingly. Only I knew where the conversation would lead at this point, and I kept it right in the front of my mind. This was going to be a fun evening.
Back to top Go down
Masuyo Anzai
Chūnin
Masuyo Anzai

PostSubject: Re: Another boring day (Bryn)   Another boring day (Bryn) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 1:13 am

What a stupid assumption. As the Spire came into veiw, Masu stopped and leaned against the wall.
"As if I'd ever want to find out. Who needs anyone? If I've learned anything from this life, is that all you need is to look out for number one."
Masu gestured toward herself, number one meaning your own self. With a grimace she looked down at her own feet, silent once again. Her thoughts were being questioned again! The only absolute was that you coul donly rely on yourself. People die, and people hurt you. When you don't let anyone in, no one can hurt you and you can't hurt them. Simple as that.
Why should Masu care if any man could 'keep up with her'? Who needed a man in their life? Masu was better off alone, anyone else was just standing in her way.
Back to top Go down
Bryn T. Stormblood
Yamakage
Bryn T. Stormblood

PostSubject: Re: Another boring day (Bryn)   Another boring day (Bryn) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 1:19 am

I had predicted her response, and turned as she stopped to lean on a wall. "And yet here you are, following a man you can't keep up with. So why did you follow me? Were you actually that angry, or were you intrigued?" I asked curiously. I decided to keep pressing the issue, "And if you were intrigued, was it curiosity as to why exactly I feel like pestering you, or is it because you think my advice may actually help you, and you're too stubborn to listen to it?" I had played every move for the sake of one goal. Let's hope I reached it. I turned to keep walking to my office, "You may as well keep following, you're not going to solve any of your problems out here in this desolate tunnel." I reached the stairs and looked her way. "Everyone needs another hand now and again, that doesn't mean 'number one' is any less important." I held out my hand as I stood on the first step, ready to ascend. "You coming or not?"
Back to top Go down
Masuyo Anzai
Chūnin
Masuyo Anzai

PostSubject: Re: Another boring day (Bryn)   Another boring day (Bryn) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 1:28 am

Masu's face paled slightly, and she stared with a blank expression for the first time in years. He had played her. Planned out everything since she had kicked that can across his feet. With a bad taste in her mouth, she admitted it to herself. He was much smarter then he looked. He kept moving toward the stairs, then turned and offered her a hand. With scoff she pushed herself off the wall and toward the stairs.
"Can't believe I'm doing this..."
She muttered to herself, praying he hadn't heard that. Glaring at his hand she pushed past him and looked back.
"I'm no helpless, I think I can manage a few stairs."
With that she turned and began walking back up the steps.
"So...confidentially....what are you planning here....Lord Yamakage?"
Looking over her shoulder, she spat out the last part like it was toxic and would kill her any given second. Damn him, she didn't want any part of this, but he was right. She was angry, but now it was being replaced by pure curiosity. What was he planning? Not knowing was pissing her off, what she wouldn't give to be able to punch someone right now.
Back to top Go down
Bryn T. Stormblood
Yamakage
Bryn T. Stormblood

PostSubject: Re: Another boring day (Bryn)   Another boring day (Bryn) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 1:39 am

My grin faded as the enjoyment was over. Now came the hard part, helping a girl as stubborn as this. As my track record wasn't exactly flawless with women, perhaps this one was different. We started up the steps and neared my office. "Please, call me Bryn. And as for confidentiality, I'll be providing the extra hand. I suggest you take it next time, aye?" I said calmly as I walked behind her. I paid close attention to her features as she walked in front of me. She was petite, not bulky, not curvy, but very skinny. She carried herself with dignity, though, and I knew she knew she was beautiful. Self-esteem wasn't the issue here, however. This went much deeper than that. I decided to take a wild guess as we climbed further, "I'm assuming you act so cold to others to stay detached from them. As for the reason, I'm also assuming it's because you were hurt? And detachment is the only way to avoid hurt in your eyes, is that it?" By the way she walked and talked, by the way she second-guessed herself once in a great while, this was most likely correct, but I wanted to talk her through it.
Back to top Go down
Masuyo Anzai
Chūnin
Masuyo Anzai

PostSubject: Re: Another boring day (Bryn)   Another boring day (Bryn) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 1:49 am

Allowed to adress him by his first name? How special....Masu rolled her eyes as she kept walking, luckily Bryn couldn't see the action from the back of her head. She wanted to keep walkign faster to get away from him for at least a moment, but then he struck home. Masu stopped for just one second, clenched her fists and walked even faster, now almost at a jogging pace.
"Yes I've been hurt, I've been hurt all my life. But I don't care, if you don't die from it it only makes you stronger."
Masu said coldly over her hsoulder, not bothering to look back. Those damn hurt emotions were coming back up again, and Masu made quick work to swallow them once again. But it felt...good to talk about them. Dammit when did Masu begin turning soft?! She clamped her lips shut, not another word she thought. Not another word or you'll be weak again.
Back to top Go down
Bryn T. Stormblood
Yamakage
Bryn T. Stormblood

PostSubject: Re: Another boring day (Bryn)   Another boring day (Bryn) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 1:58 am

I grabbed her shoulder at that last comment and turned her around. "Stronger?" I said as I looked into her eyes. They were beautiful, but fiery. My expression was stern, but caring. I kept looking into them as I continued, "Masuyo, detachment works. I only tell you this, because I'm the same way. The trick, however, is learning who and who not to detach yourself from. Some people are worth your time, some people would help you over hurting you. And when those people are taken from you, you use that vulnerability to your advantage. Pain, once in awhile, let's you know that you're still human. That you're not.. a monster." I reflected on my position, with the demon inside of me, to grant my knowledge to this woman. "And then," I continued, "You come back stronger. You can't become a better person through sheltering yourself from humanity. Like I said, I won't hurt you. I want to help you." I remained focused in on her eyes, not separating my gaze for an instant. My stern, caring look was pleading with her to attempt to get her to see the right side of things. As I lead an army, as I lead a war, I knew better than anyone that you need help in places that you'd least expect it.
Back to top Go down
Masuyo Anzai
Chūnin
Masuyo Anzai

PostSubject: Re: Another boring day (Bryn)   Another boring day (Bryn) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 2:07 am

Masu went to rip herself from his grasp, not wanting to feel the pain again. It had been gone for so long and she wanted to keep it that way. But damn him and his brute strength, she was forced to look at him in the face. Kindness. It was so unfamiliar to her. It made her sick at first, seeing it as pity. But as he spoke wise words of a leader, Masu paused and reflected for the breiftest of seconds.
Seemed now she had a lot to think about. Bryn was the first person to ever give a single care about her, to the rest of the world she was just some ex-criminal slinking around in the mud, trying to find forgiveness but wouldn't find it. Masu would freely speak her mind.
"That easy for you to say, the worlds turned it's back on me. When I was a child I survived after the death of my family on theft. To the rest of this world, I'm nothing. I've been trying to find my worlds forgiveness....but...I have even yet ot find my own."
Back to top Go down
Bryn T. Stormblood
Yamakage
Bryn T. Stormblood

PostSubject: Re: Another boring day (Bryn)   Another boring day (Bryn) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 1:23 am

I frowned as Masuyo told me of her rejection for self-forgiveness, and I released my clutch on her arm. I decided maybe the rest of this conversation would be best solved on another day. One step at a time, right? I smiled, and looked into her eyes one more time, hoping my genuine happiness would affect her in any small way. "Well, you've been ransacking MY village, and I forgive you. That has to mean something, right? How about we work on you forgiving yourself over time, because it can't happen right away. But in the meantime, how about you stop worrying about the world forgiving you, and just focus on forgiving yourself. I'm going to help, as I've promised. I have a guest bedroom in my dwelling, as well as personal washrooms for yourself. I want you to stay with me. I'll provide you food, bedding, shelter, and should you want it, I can provide training. And, I can provide myself. I am at your disposal. How's that sound?" I asked gently. I was hoping that she wouldn't take offense to me being kind, as was y nature when it was necessary. For the rugged brute that I had become, I was a kindhearted man, and something about this girl interested me. Perhaps she would be a part of my future in a way I couldn't imagine? Perhaps.. that future was closer than I would think. Only time would tell, but I knew I wanted her.
Back to top Go down
Masuyo Anzai
Chūnin
Masuyo Anzai

PostSubject: Re: Another boring day (Bryn)   Another boring day (Bryn) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 1:35 am

Masu's eyebrow lifted as he offered her a place to stay, food, and even training. How long had she known this guy? A few hours, maximum? Something smelled fishy and Masu didn't like it. But, once he put it that way, it was hard to turn down an offer like that. More kindness, it was starting to make her feel sick, but maybe this would be good for her.
Turning her back to him she folded her arms over her chest and thought for a long moment. After that moment had passed she sighed.
"Well, when you put it like that it's hard to say no. So fine, I'll take you up on that offer."
Then turning over her shoulder to look at him, she smirked in an amused, yet almost evil way.
"But doon't expect me to pour my guts out to you. I just want that off my chest, you just happens to be standing there when I said it....Bryn."
Back to top Go down
Bryn T. Stormblood
Yamakage
Bryn T. Stormblood

PostSubject: Re: Another boring day (Bryn)   Another boring day (Bryn) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 1:39 am

I smiled even wider as she called me by my name, which I could tell was a struggle for her. "Well then it's settled!" as I said it, I grabbed her forcefully and pulled her closer into a hug. I made sure my embrace was warm, but not too tight. It was often that I let my strength get a little out of hand, but I was good at controlling it now. Her nimble frame felt odd against my huge frame, but it was comforting. It was times like this that reminded me that not all people in this cruel world were brutes hardened by war. "Well, c'mon then, let me show you where you'll stay, aye?" I smiled as I let go and began leading her further up the steps.
Back to top Go down
Masuyo Anzai
Chūnin
Masuyo Anzai

PostSubject: Re: Another boring day (Bryn)   Another boring day (Bryn) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 1:44 am

"Hey let me go! Don't touch me!"
She shouted angrily as he embraced her, as she balled up her fist again ready to punch him square in the jaw. But such an action was thwarted as he began pulling her up the stairs behind him. Masu shouted curses and complaints the entire way, she nkew this would be a bad idea. But free lodging and food, even she couldn't argue with that. Even if Bryn pissed her off already, she could manage to live, if nothing but for the sake of having a decent place to call home.
Back to top Go down
Bryn T. Stormblood
Yamakage
Bryn T. Stormblood

PostSubject: Re: Another boring day (Bryn)   Another boring day (Bryn) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 10:42 am

I was becoming quickly disheartened as the day progressed with Masuyo. Not only would she not accept me as merely an acquaintance, but after everything I had given her, to help her, she didn't even respect me in the slightest, let alone grant me the honor of being her acquaintance. Maybe all this time would be wasted? She seemed like no matter what I would try, nothing would get through, except for the words, "It's free!" She was using me, and I knew it. But on the other hand, I had somewhat of a softspot for her. If she didn't show at least a little bit of kindness soon, I would most likely have to kick her out. I don't take being used quite lightly. As we neared her new bedroom, I directed my paigeboy to show her around. Maybe I wasn't quite ready to see the world again? My head ached, and my mind was weary. I went to lay down on my bed, feeling the warmth of the bear pelt for my blanket. I was about to close my eyes when I was interrupted. My servant came running into the room and began yelling, "Lord Yamakage, come quickly! The Kage of the Depths has sent for you, he's answered your call! Also, in the decripted letter, it says that he has found something, and he needs your help to find it." I let out a deep sigh, and looked to Masuyo. "Make yourself at home. I'll instruct my ANBU to keep an eye on you. Don't try anything funny with my office, got it? Good, now I'll see you in time. We won't be seeing anything of eachother for the next few weeks, but I'll return. Goodbye," I said tiredly. I stood up, and through on my traveling gear, and made sure I had my Dusters secured at my waist. I walked towards the exit, turned back one more time, and left. On the way down the stairs again, I lit another cigar and took a puff from it. Only one thought was present in my mind:

I guess there's no rest for the weary, right?

[Exit]
Back to top Go down
Masuyo Anzai
Chūnin
Masuyo Anzai

PostSubject: Re: Another boring day (Bryn)   Another boring day (Bryn) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 10:54 am

This wasn't all that bad. The place was nice, and maybe Masuyo would get used to Bryn. He was being very kind to her, and even said that after she had stole from his village for years on end he forgave her. So maybe he wasn't the pain in the ass Masu thought. Though his up-beat attitude would take some adjusting. As she was shown the premisis, she began to feel...at peace for the first time in what felt like forever.
Now the reality was coming through, here she was, some dirty ex-con and she was able to stay here. But it seemed Bryn wasn't as content, for once. He had to leave again and wouldn't be back for a while. Atleast she could use this time to adjust to her new home. As Bryn turned to leave, Masu thought for a moment and just before he was out of ear shot said.
"Be safe...and thank you."
{Exit}
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another boring day (Bryn)   Another boring day (Bryn) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another boring day (Bryn)
Page 1 of 1