Naruto Province of Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join us in our completely custom Naruto world!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Meandering About the Streets (Shinobu)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Shinobu
Genin
Shinobu

Character Age : 15
Ryo : 22403

Meandering About the Streets (Shinobu) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meandering About the Streets (Shinobu)   Meandering About the Streets (Shinobu) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 1:08 am

I nodded at his choice, there was a nice stand around here with fresh cut beef just up the block. When we got there I pushed aside the cloth hanging in the way and took a seat at the single row of bar stools in front of the counter. I would hold up two fingers to the cook and then turn to see Yuurei again.
Back to top Go down
Yuurei
Genin
Yuurei

Male Character Age : 23
Ryo : 5803

PostSubject: Re: Meandering About the Streets (Shinobu)   Meandering About the Streets (Shinobu) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 1:13 am

I followed Shinobu into the steak stand and took a seat at the bar. I pulled the core from my pocket and placed it in front of me and just looked at it. I reassessed and thought about what it had taught me. For one, I needed to do some research into a way of masking my chakra signature, and second, was to get a few more details about people before diving into challenges offered by them.
Back to top Go down
Shinobu
Genin
Shinobu

PostSubject: Re: Meandering About the Streets (Shinobu)   Meandering About the Streets (Shinobu) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 1:17 am

I chuckled as he looked intensely at the core, mere moments ago it had been nothing and then it was a target and in the end a focus point for meditation. Truly this was spiritual evolution at its finest. "You know it represents nothing more than our meeting, even so some people seem attached to that sort of thing I guess." I would look for a moment to the meat being cooked in front of us behind a glass pane, it looked delicious.
Back to top Go down
Yuurei
Genin
Yuurei

PostSubject: Re: Meandering About the Streets (Shinobu)   Meandering About the Streets (Shinobu) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 1:28 am

I smirked as he said that. The peach core was just a mere goal, a reminder of a failure of mine.

"You're right. I don't need it reminding me of my failure."

I looked back and threw it toward the nearest trash can, banking it off the wall, onto the rim, then watched it hit the floor. So close. I refocused my attention and caught a wiff of the meat. Holy shit did that smell great. My mouth had already started to water. I then asked Shinobu a small question.

"So, Old Man, as a bushido you need to develop your own kenjutsu style, correct?

I didn't know much about samurai, but I'd come across information in research throughout the years. Several book about famous battles between samurai and shinobi, a book about the history of the samurai. Nothing major.
Back to top Go down
Shinobu
Genin
Shinobu

PostSubject: Re: Meandering About the Streets (Shinobu)   Meandering About the Streets (Shinobu) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 1:36 am

I thought about it a moment, samurai culture was an odd one in the eyes of the shinobi who were always innovating new styles of combat. "Not really, while some samurai do in fact conjure up a new idea of fighting most of us learn the ways of our ancestors like I did. Granted most modify that ancient style to their needs but that is their core." Our meat was nearly done and I scratched my chin a moment, the kid looked old enough for something else special so I held up another two fingers to the cook who took a moment away from the food to fetch a bottle of sake and two cups. Placing them between us I poured the cups full and raised it for a toast.
Back to top Go down
Yuurei
Genin
Yuurei

PostSubject: Re: Meandering About the Streets (Shinobu)   Meandering About the Streets (Shinobu) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 4:25 pm

I nodded to the man's comment. That made sense. There wasn't much you could do with a sword, of course, my knowledge of kenjutsu was limited. I figured Shinobu was a little more knowledgeable. I replied to him while the cook got our drinks.

"Ah. My knowledge to swordsmanship is fairly limited, but I have some techniques varying traditional kenjutsu."

A grabbed my glass and accepted the toast, raising my glass alongside his.
Back to top Go down
Shinobu
Genin
Shinobu

PostSubject: Re: Meandering About the Streets (Shinobu)   Meandering About the Streets (Shinobu) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 7:46 pm

When our glasses clinked together I raised mine over my head and downed it all at once before going to pour another. "I see, so you are trying to learn how to properly use that butter knife. The samurai way has always been the strength of the warrior not the weapon though so perhaps you can go far." I would then drink my second glass slowly, enjoying the taste of the sake.
Back to top Go down
Yuurei
Genin
Yuurei

PostSubject: Re: Meandering About the Streets (Shinobu)   Meandering About the Streets (Shinobu) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 7:54 pm

As Shinobu chugged down his sake, I slowly drank mine. I didn't drink much, usually only for special occasions, this being one. I savored the taste and listened to the man. I then replied.

"I am indeed. I stay with daggers though, easier to hide in my opinion. I've always been determined to stay my course. Ever since we lost the farm when I was a boy. I'm not seeking to become a master of the trade, but a solid warrior."

I chugged down what was left of my drink as I pictured the burning farmstead that was once my home.
Back to top Go down
Shinobu
Genin
Shinobu

PostSubject: Re: Meandering About the Streets (Shinobu)   Meandering About the Streets (Shinobu) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 7:58 pm

I finished half of my drink as the kid finished his, I stopped drinking for a moment and refilled his glass. "So your home is gone as well then? Those of us who seek skill over titles are often the strongest, your future shall be an interesting one to watch indeed." I would then finish off my drink and refill it as I looked at our food that was just about done, the cook however would let it simmer a bit as he added some final spices for his famous flavor.
Back to top Go down
Yuurei
Genin
Yuurei

PostSubject: Re: Meandering About the Streets (Shinobu)   Meandering About the Streets (Shinobu) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 8:04 pm

I looked at my topped off glass and swished it's contents around a bit, catching the scent of the simmering beef.

"Yeah, it's just charred rubble now. Nobody was hurt, but we lost everything. Since then, I've vowed to aid in stopping the war and the crimes that come with it. I was never meant to be a shinobi, and what I do know, I've taught myself."

I tipped my head back and swallowed the entire glass of sake. It helped with the pain.
Back to top Go down
Shinobu
Genin
Shinobu

PostSubject: Re: Meandering About the Streets (Shinobu)   Meandering About the Streets (Shinobu) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 8:12 pm

I listened to him as he said no one was hurt though he didn't carry himself like someone that traveled with company at the time. "So then, since no one was hurt in the fire where is your family?" The question was a tad personal but it was easy enough to lie about it if he wanted, after all I was just making conversation and getting to know him a little better.
Back to top Go down
Yuurei
Genin
Yuurei

PostSubject: Re: Meandering About the Streets (Shinobu)   Meandering About the Streets (Shinobu) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 8:17 pm

"My parents have since rebuilt and continue to be farmers. I felt bad that I couldn't help them, so I left."

I'd never shared that with anyone before, but I felt I could trust him.
Back to top Go down
Shinobu
Genin
Shinobu

PostSubject: Re: Meandering About the Streets (Shinobu)   Meandering About the Streets (Shinobu) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 8:28 pm

I nodded to him as he answered, it seemed a weight lifted off him as he said this and I wondered if it was something he often kept a secret or just dismissed. I looked to the beef again, it was so close to completion I could almost taste it. "You're strong then, to be able to leave and do good while they are at home regardless of your reasons. But you said all of your techniques are self-taught eh? Impressive."
Back to top Go down
Yuurei
Genin
Yuurei

PostSubject: Re: Meandering About the Streets (Shinobu)   Meandering About the Streets (Shinobu) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 8:35 pm

I couldn't bear the smell of the beef much longer. I was so hungry. I smiled as he said complemented my self-taught skill. It felt nice.

"Yessir. All my techniques are self-developed as well. I mainly work with Ijutsu and Fuuinjutsu, though my ninjutsu is better than the fuuinjutsu. I only dabble in kenjutsu, but my skills are still fairly unique."

I played around with my sheathed dagger and took it out of my boot, placing it on the counter. I unsheathed it and just looked at the dragons that embellished the blade.
Back to top Go down
Shinobu
Genin
Shinobu

PostSubject: Re: Meandering About the Streets (Shinobu)   Meandering About the Streets (Shinobu) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 8:59 pm

The cook gave me a slightly concerned look when the weapon was drawn and placed on the counted but I gave him a wave that I was alright with the action and he sighed in relief. In addition he prepared two plates and started getting the now fully cooked meat and vegetables he had been slicing in the back so that we could eat at last. "Seals and swords, those are my forte as well. I've always been fascinated with the magic of symbols since I was a child." The way I said that would give some indication that I was foreign or at the very least someone who's knowledge of the ninja world was limited and new.
Back to top Go down
Yuurei
Genin
Yuurei

PostSubject: Re: Meandering About the Streets (Shinobu)   Meandering About the Streets (Shinobu) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 9:33 pm

As soon as the beef was placed in front of me, I returned Borei to my boot and began to chow down. I would reply to the man with food in my mouth.

"Seal and symbols have so much power just waiting to be tapped into. It's unbelievable. A simple seal of mine can silence the ever-mighty Dovahkiin of Morigakure."
Back to top Go down
Shinobu
Genin
Shinobu

PostSubject: Re: Meandering About the Streets (Shinobu)   Meandering About the Streets (Shinobu) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 9:37 pm

I chuckled as I thought about what he said, "To muzzle a dragon is quite the feat indeed. Perhaps one day I can witness this feat." I would start eating my meal as well, the beef was so tender it melted in my mouth as the flavors took over. It was for this reason I never understood why the chef refused to upgrade from his humble shop to a full kitchen.
Back to top Go down
Yuurei
Genin
Yuurei

PostSubject: Re: Meandering About the Streets (Shinobu)   Meandering About the Streets (Shinobu) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 9:43 pm

The meal was so incredible that I literally just couldn't stop eating. I'd take a minute to breath and drink, then I replied to the Old Man.

"And one day you might. I've always been interested in the lush forests of Morigakure."

I look outside and night had fallen. How time flies when in good company.
Back to top Go down
Shinobu
Genin
Shinobu

PostSubject: Re: Meandering About the Streets (Shinobu)   Meandering About the Streets (Shinobu) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 10:04 pm

I nodded to him as poured myself another cup that I would once again down as I finished up the last of my meal. I clapped my hands together in praise to the chef who gave me a smile in return. I then turned to the kid and spoke, "So then, if we shall meet again perhaps I can give you some more insight into the realms of stealth." I would leave the money and a folded note on the counter and stand up as I prepared to leave.
Back to top Go down
Yuurei
Genin
Yuurei

PostSubject: Re: Meandering About the Streets (Shinobu)   Meandering About the Streets (Shinobu) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 10:13 pm

I finished my steak and sake, then thanked the chef. I turned to Shinobu and said.

"I'd be honored to have you mentor me in the ways of stealth."
Back to top Go down
Shinobu
Genin
Shinobu

PostSubject: Re: Meandering About the Streets (Shinobu)   Meandering About the Streets (Shinobu) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 10:19 pm

I nodded to him, though things of this nature would never be easily obtained and his first lesson with me as his new mentor would be a test. "Then just find me again, there are always clues after all if you look enough." The cook would swear as his pot overheated and filled the entire bar with a thick cloud of steam. Under its cover I would escape and leave through the shadows. A chemical reaction from the steam would cause the note I left to reveal the number 237 and it would be the only clue for the kid to follow.

[exit]
Back to top Go down
Yuurei
Genin
Yuurei

PostSubject: Re: Meandering About the Streets (Shinobu)   Meandering About the Streets (Shinobu) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 10:32 pm

I heard Shinobu make a remark, then the room clouded with steam. When the room cleared, I noticed a note with several numbers. I picked it up, then walked home for some sleep.

[Exit]
[End Topic]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meandering About the Streets (Shinobu)   Meandering About the Streets (Shinobu) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meandering About the Streets (Shinobu)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2